- Mortgage Tools & Resources
- Mortgage Types
- Annual Percentage Yield – APR
- Real Estate Settlement Protection Act (RESPA)
- Escrow Account Basics
- Mortgage Process
- Terms & Definitions
Getting pre-approved is simple and only takes a few minutes. Here is the information that you need to have ready to make the process quick, easy and painless.
- Name, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Phone Number & Email Address
- Addresses for the places you have lived for the past 2 years
- Current Employer: Name of Employer, Phone Number, Position/Title Held & Start Date
- Income: Gross Monthly Income, separate base income from any bonus, commission overtime income. If you use bonus, commission or overtime income you are normally required to show that you have received that income for at least 2 years. Additionally, they will require you to average that income over the past 24 months for qualifying purposes.
- Just as you are required to show a 2 year history of where you lived, you will also need to do the same for your employment. Be sure to include the start date and end date for former employers that make up your 2 year history. FYI, if there are gaps in employment the underwriter will likely ask you to explain why there is a gap.
- Assets: List your asset accounts and balances. (Bank Name & Current Balance)
- Including: Checking, Savings, Money Market. The primary reason for providing these accounts and balances is that these funds are going to be used to make the down payment for the home purchase.
- Other assets accounts that are sometimes included are: Stocks & Bonds, Mutual Funds, Vested Balance in Retirement Accounts & Life Insurance Cash Value. These assets are normally only listed if the loan program requires reserves or if the funds in these accounts are going to be used for the down payment.
- Real Estate Owned: List any real estate owned in your name (not owned by a corporation).
- Address, Type of Property (ex. Single Family Residence, Lot, Townhome, Farm, Condo, Duplex),Estimated Value, Mortgage Balance, Gross Rent (if applicable), Mortgage Payment, Annual Taxes &
*The USA Patriot Act: Effective 10/1/03, all mortgage borrowers will be required to provide specific photo identification in order to close the transaction. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE GRANTED. This information will be obtained at the time of application.